Tourism is one of the major growth industries in Mauritius. In terms of foreign earnings, tourism is the third pillar of the Mauritian economy after sugar and textile industry. The natural beauty of the country especially its beaches and marine wealth is its main tourism resource.
As per the statically data, collected & compile by Bureau of Immigration, in year 2011, the foreign tourist arrival are 1.92 lack & the total share is 3.5% & was ranked 10th in its contribution to add the foreign tourist .The major tour packages that the Travel agent can sell can be seen if you link to Our website.
The major destinations for selected for tourism Exchange are
- Pereybère – The Pereybere public beach is popular because of its shopping facilities, restaurants and pubs.
- La Cuvette Beach
- Balaclava Ruins – They are ruins of a famous 17th century estate.
- Grand Bay Beach- Grand Bay was the first area of the island to fully experience the tourist boom; it is a shopping and leisure paradise.
- The Labourdonnais Orchards – The orchards are popular for hiking and trekking activities.
- Flacq Market – Flacq is one of the most important villages in Mauritius. This meeting point for inhabitants of the East boasts the country’s largest open air market. The market attracts a large number of tourists
- lle aux Cerfs- Ile aux Cerfs is a paradise for water sports and has the most beautiful beach in
- Domaine du Chasseur – Domaine des Grand Bois has hunting grounds covering an area of 900 hectares. Stags, monkeys and boars live amidst the luxuriant vegetation of the hillside.
- Martello Towers – An important historic site visited by tourists.
- Chamarel – Famous for its natural beauty e specially its multicolored earth.