The tourism industry in France is a very large sector of the economy. The country’s contribution to global tourism market is around 5.2% and the tourism sector contributes around 4.4% to the country’s GDP.
As per the statically data, collected & compile by Bureau of Immigration, in year 2011, the foreign tourist arrival are 2.31 lack & the total share is 3.67 % & was ranked 7th in its contribution to add the foreign tourist .The major tour packages that the Travel agent of France can sell can be seen if you link to Our website. The networking events and the business tie-ups, are the major tools that can promote tourism Exchange .
The popular destinations in the country are:
- Mont Saint Michael – Mont Saint-Michel is a small rocky tidal island in Normandy, roughly one kilometre from the north coast of France It is home to the unusual Benedictine. Abbey and steepled church (built between the 11th and 16th. It is the most visited tourist site in France.
- Martinique – The destination is popular for its unique culture which is a mix of French and African heritage. It is also popular for its natural beauty especially beaches.
- Paris – Paris is the capital of France and is the cultural and economic hub of the country. It is one of the most popular destinations for international travelers.
- Cannes – Cannes is a city in southern France and is famous worldwide for International Film festival which is held every year. People from all round the world visit Cannes for the film festival.
- Guadeloupe – The destination offers unspoiled natural beauty to the travelers. The beaches and tropical forests are the major attractions of Guadeloupe.
- Saint-Martin and Saint-Bartholomew – This destination is famous for its beaches and water sports options. It is one of the prime locations for yachting enthusiasts.
- French Guyana – French Guyana is famous for its natural beauty especially the amazon forests.
- Saint-Pierre and Miquelon – The destination is popular for its beaches.
- Reunion – The destination is popular for its unspoiled natural beauty especially beaches,coral reefs, lush vegetation and volcanoes
- Mayotte –The destination is popular for its natural beauty especially its beaches, lagoon and lush vegetation.
- French Alps – The French alps are famous for ski resorts which are visited by travelers all over the world.