Study in United States

Visa Name

F-1 Student Visa (M-1 Student Visa for vocational courses)

Visa Cost


Financial Requirements  (Single Undergraduate Student)

Financial evidence must show that the applicant or their family/sponsors have sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses during the period of their intended study. This is declared on the Department of Homeland Security I-20 Form which is filled out as part of their college application.

Required financial resources will depend upon the tuition and board costs for the applicant’s college, but must be demonstrated for one year. For instance, the University of New Haven requires international undergraduates to be able to demonstrate financial resources equal to approx. $43,310 – enough to cover one year’s board and tuition.

Cost calculated on first year costs of board and tuition:

US$40,000+ (A$40,500)

Evidence of  Funds

This includes: income tax documents and original bank books and/or statements and/or business registration, licenses, etc., and tax documents, as well as original bank books and/or statements.

Processing Times

  • Typical Visa waiting times:
  • China ( Shanghai ) – 6 days;
  • India (Mumbai) – 2 days;
  • Vietnam ( Ho Chi Minh City ) – 6 days;
  • Singapore —Same day;
  • Malaysia ( Kuala Lumpur ) – 1 day;

Work Allowances

Students can only work on campus while they are enrolled. Work is limited to 20 hours a week during courses, but is unlimited during scheduled breaks.

Post-Study Work and Residency

An F-1 visa allows a student to remain in the US for an additional 60 days after their nominated course has been completed. This allows for the commencement of Optional Practical Training (OPT) which can extend to one year.

In addition, OPT can be extended by an additional 17 months in the case of students with qualifications in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.

Students can apply for temporary or permanent visas, including:

Employment-Based Visas

Every year around 140,000 such visas are made available to priority workers, professionals holding advanced degrees or persons of exceptional ability, skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers and persons from ‘certain special immigrant’ groups.

Temporary Visas

H-1B Visa – This is granted to persons in specialty occupations which require the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialised knowledge requiring completion of a specific course of higher education. Around 65,000 of these are granted each year.

O-1 Visa – These temporary visas are granted to individuals with ‘Extraordinary Ability or Achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or extraordinary achievements in the motion picture and television field.’

About admission, deadlines, campus life, and program choices, meet directly with the representatives from these Universities / Institutions at the International Exhibitions & Seminars on tourism Exchange in education.

with-arion! Australia ! Canada ! New Zealand ! United Kingdom ! United States !

 Right of admission is reserved & require registration register-now

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s